Julie Mackey’s world seem to change when she met a CrossFit coach. Since she had been thriving as an athlete and a practicing yogini for years, Julie was intrigued by the combination of strength and mobility. An organic combination of what she loved most – sports and yoga – Julie started Flex Yoga with an emphasis on alignment-based yoga techniques, breathing mechanics, and core strengthening to increased range of motion and reduce injury.
Julie has a knack for supporting athletes during off-season, pre-season, and in-season conditioning programs. She has trained with IHSA high school sports and private clubs and is proud to see these athletes compete at the collegiate level.
Julie’s personal athletic foundation of gymnastics, cheer, jazz, and classical ballet weaves easily with her 15 years of yoga practice to provide a safe environment perfect for optimal mobility.
– Over 15 years of yoga practice
– Functional mobility programming with professional sports yoga trainer, Dana Santas
– 200-hour Foundation Yoga Teacher Training with Lori Gaspar
at Prairie Yoga
– Registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance
– Prior mentor for the 200-hour Teacher Training Program at Prairie Yoga with Lori Gaspar
– E-RYT 200 hour/RYT 500 (expected designation date
– Therapeutics apprentice under Gabriel Halpren
– BA from Purdue University